Boris Vidgof: There is a lot of work to be done
Traktor Ice Hockey Club director tells about first and foremost plans.
"There is a lot of work to be done. First of all, we should analyse the situation in the club, the structure of organisation, players` contracts and so on. Right away we should start forming the roster for the upcoming season and make decision on the head coach. Under no circumstances we can forget about developing of children`s and junior hockey, our school is rightfully considered to be the best in Russia and in the world. Also I would like to invite all the fans to the Traktor and fans` game that would take place on April 6," said Boris.
- Born on August 6, 1964, in Chelyabinsk;
- Founded ZAO Industrial and Commercial Enterprise Bovid in 1991
- Became the president of the Bovid group in 2010;
- Rewarded with Certificate of Recognition by Legislative Assambly of Chelyabinsk region for assistance in regional business developing in 2008;
- Rewarded with Certificate of Recognition by Ministry of Regional Development of the Russian Federation in 2009;
- Rewarded with Honorable Builder of Russia badge, Certificate of Recognition by Federation of Ice Hockey of Russia in 2011;
- Rewarded with Certificate of Recognition by the minister of sports of Russia for "Contribution into developing the prestige of the Russian Federation and Russian sports on international level";
- Rewarded with Badge of Merit "For Merits to Chelyabinsk region" in 2013;
- Rewarded with "Honorary citizen of the city of Chelyabinsk";
- Rewarded with " For merits in construction and building" Badge;
- Three times chosen deputy of Chelyabinsk City Duma;
- Became the chairman of Chelyabinsk City Duma in 2009. First secretary of Chelyabinsk City Duma in 2010-2014;
- Married, four children.
Boris pays a lot of attention to support of sports. The BOVID company financially supports the Traktor team and the Traktor children`s ice hockey school more than 20 years. Since 1992 the BOVID company is a general partner of the tournament dedecated to the trainees of Traktor ice hockey school who died in train accident near the town of Asha in June of 1989. Upon an initiative of Boris Vidgof the "Zolotaya Shaiba" (Golden Puck) tournament was reintroduced in the Traktorozavodskoy district of the city.